Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my Blog

As a language arts teacher blogging is certainly an activity that could & should be a part of my curriculum.  One thing that is really useful in teaching students to write is a sense of audience.  Blogging gives students a sense that their work will be read by more than just their teacher.  This leads to more intrinsic motivation, which is a theme I have noticed in quality educational media.  Additionally, blogging allows students to practice writing for the new media; they must address visual even auditory elements as they blog.  Journals create a sea of clutter: looseleaf paper, binders, journals etcetera.  Using blogs rather than paper eliminates this problem & makes it easier to keep student work organized.  Additionally, parents always have the opportunity to check out their child's work.  This blog will be an opportunity to practice blogging myself before asking my students to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment