Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE2_iMovie


So I'm editing my introduction to iGoogle course & have completed an arduous task.  As I demonstrate how to create an account there have been a few elements that have needed to be blurred out.  On one screen I needed to blur an email address on another my cell phone number.  This process is not as easy as one would think.  Neither Screenflow or iMovie has this capacity.  When I purchased Screenflow 3 today I thought this feature was advertised, but I can't find the function.  There is, however, a way to make this happen in iMovie.

<SHIFT> <COMMAND> <4>  allows you to take a screen capture of the shot you need to blur part of.  Open that image in Photoshop, copy & paste it into a new image & inverse select the portion of the screen you wish to blur.  After making the inverse selection press delete.  Blur the remaining image until it is unintelligible.  Save this image as a PNG, then drag it onto the shot in iMovie.  Make sure you remove the Ken Burns effect.  If you want this to look professional, it takes some time.  Also you cant place an opaque image in front of a passcode field as you type; that would be the ideal functionality for my purposes.



This little maneuver is a great example of individualized learning.  I earned the iMovie certificate last month and how to blur a small portion of the screen was not covered.  After searching around for help I found this tutorial  which really broke it down.  Now I need to find a video on how to hack the X-BOX motion detector device.  Please let me know if you find one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment