Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE1_iMovie

My adventure in video production started with obstacles using screen flow.  I , like every good fanboy, recently installed OSX lion on my macbook pro.  I love it & the new spaces interface allows for great visuals when filming your desktop.  The only problem is that ScreenFlow was not working.  My cursor was captured but everything else was black.



$29.99 I'm upgraded to ScreenFlow 3 & all is well.  I am creating a video that will model creation of a blogger account.  I have elected to record sound later when editing in iMovie.  I considered using the automatic clicking sound, but prefer to use the radar effect to represent my clicks.  If you are going to use these features remember that it is important to know exactly what you need to click because they highlight every click.  Stray clicks can confuse your audience.



Even creating simple screen flow films requires meticulous preparation.  I had to create a number of accounts before I had a clear workflow to film.  Creating this tutorial has also made me more aware of the logistics for using Google applications in a K12 environment.  I can't imagine the time & planning that goes into big budget motion picture production.

After almost ten tries & three gmail accounts I managed to get the footage I want.  There is about fifteen minutes of raw footage.  I am guessing the final walkthrough video will use seven minutes or less, but that is only based on my prior videos.  This tutorial is more complex. Now I will export this raw footage to my desktop, then import it into iMovie.

No comments:

Post a Comment